This position serves as a Software Developer on all software-related issues pertaining to our client’s applications. Application development is a team environment that includes the user community, the database administrators, the web designers, and the systems/network engineers for optimal application design and performance of applications.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Responsible for the conduct of requirements analyses, development of functional and software specifications, coding, testing and deploying software
- Works with team of developers, assigns priorities, obtains resources and monitors performance to ensure development and sustainment processes are in compliance with Capability Maturity Model (CMM) methodologies as needed to create proper versioning and repeatable builds of our clients’ business applications to ensure proper documentation of features and fixes are available to the user community
- Coordination of software releases
- Mentor team members in development technologies, CMM, and Object-Oriented Programming/Design
- Assist in refresh and/or enhancement of their software
- Participate in meetings with end-users, prepare and conduct briefings and prepare technical papers as required
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 15 years of relevant professional experience in the use of similar application software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or Computer Studies or a discipline related to the work required from an accredited college or university (additional years of experience can be substituted for years for education)
- A minimum of an active Interim DoD Secret Clearance is required
- A current technical certification of one of the following is acceptable for this position to start this job: SSCP, A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, or GSEC OR for higher-level certification (more for IA positions) these are also acceptable: CISSP, CASP, CISA, GCED, or GCI
- Note: The customer has agreed to start an individual with the A+ or Security + certification (not CE), but will need to complete the SSCP, A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, or GSEC certification within 2-3 months of start date.
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- Hands-on experience in Design Patterns
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.