Great opportunity with a well-established company in the Birmingham area!
We are assisting one of our clients in their search for an experienced accounting professional to join their accounting team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Prepare monthly financial reports and distribute to regional programs.
- Journalize monthly transactions and allocation accruals to the finance general ledger
- Reconcile bank account and balance sheets on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial reports for funders as needed for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Monitor accounting for all agency fixed assets.
- Collaborate with agency staff to assist in general ledger item resolution.
- Research and provide expertise on solutions to potential accounting concerns.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years related business experience
- 2+ years in manufacturing preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Proficiency with accounting software systems
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.