Our well-established financial client in Birmingham is looking for a Sr. Java Developer to support the design, development, and testing of applications. This person needs to have strong experience in full-stack development and should be self-directed, team-oriented, and have excellent communication skills.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market. Responsible for day to day software development and maintenance activities to meet service level agreements (SLAs)
- Identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value, identify risks, benefits, and constraints. Contribute to the overall design and development
- Design and implementation of technical solutions. Create solution definition and solution architecture
- Ensure Quality of developed software by automating tests as part of the development. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing, and Performance Testing
- Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
- Actively participate in all phases of the SDLC of an application. Successfully troubleshoot production incident and problem management, identification of root cause and remediation of the problems
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in full-stack Java application development in an Agile environment; including the documentation of application specs.
- Experience with Web Services such as SOAP or REST
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.