What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
We are currently seeking a System Engineer at our Huntsville, AL location. In this role you will be responsible for quoting, implementing, and supporting complex state of the art infrastructure solutions for software solutions. This individual will need to be experienced in Windows Active directory, Networking, SANs, hardware configuration, and interdependencies of these systems to support highly available environments. This role requires a breadth of knowledge of Microsoft technology experience in customer-facing setting. Ability to implement Microsoft and related Cloud technology solutions utilizing Windows 10, Windows Server, VMWare, Azure Active Directory, and others.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business representatives, and subject matter experts to design IT systems and programs.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimation of designing and implementing IT programs and systems.
- Capable of working independently and as a team member to solve complex technical problems within a highly available environment.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate by verbal and written methods to include: face-to-face, phone, briefs, emails, agendas, plans, and reports
- Resolve complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation.
- Experience with technical activity for design, integration, test, and delivery of technical products
- Ability to present in front of customers and discuss in depth the above technologies in detail
- Required Skills:
- Broad knowledge of computer hardware and software systems.
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of operating systems Windows Microsoft (e.g., Windows Server, Power Shell, Active Directory, GPOs, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of VDI Image Management – creation, updates, versioning and provisioning of VDI images.
- VMware: vSphere ESXi
- Experience with administration of Storage Area Network management systems.
- Experience with administration of storage and backup solutions.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Ability to travel
- Windows certifications (i.e. MTA, MCSA, MCSE)
- VMWare certifications.(i.e. VCA, VCP, VCAP, or VCSX)
- Scripting skills in VBScript or PowerShell
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools-Solarwinds/SCOM/Whats Up Gold
- Capable of interpreting performance data and make recommendations for systems improvement
- Flexibility to participate in 24x7 on call rotation as well as working required weekend shifts.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Security (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) and experience (5+ years) in information technology operations and/or related IT operational functions (in some cases experience will be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Familiarity working in a CJIS environment.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug check
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.