ITAC Solutions is assisting a large Birmingham client in their search for a Clinical Information Systems Specialist!
This new team member will function as a knowledgeable IT practitioner, and as a consultant, educator, and evaluator to maintain and improve system services, along with mentoring clinical users to become better technology consumers.
Interested? Apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Function as system owner, administrator, and subject matter expert which includes associated data for assigned HR Platform.
- Participate in the selection, implementation, and support of clinical systems; ensure maximum use and efficiency of clinical systems
- Collaborating directly with and supporting staff members in the use of technology in a manner which promotes patient safety and confidentiality.
- Working with HR team members, service providers, and business units to define requirements and actively participate in designing new or improving existing processes and solutions.
- Consistently strive to improve knowledge and skills in the development of clinical systems and processes; and provide system support to include on-call shifts as needed.
- Act as a liaison and collaborate with the business and functional stakeholders to identify and deliver strategic enablement solutions across people, process, and technology.
- Partner on scoping of technical while searching for and implementing systems and system improvements which allow clinicians to provide high quality care in the most efficient manner possible utilizing technology.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a related field and four (4) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
- MUST currently hold an Active Clinical Specialty License from the State of Alabama.
- 2-3+ years of experience supporting and implementing NextGen EMR/EHR Systems.
- Must understand front-end and clinical workflows, systems, and procedures.
- Experience training clinical staff and assisting in the implementation and testing of various clinical software and system updates in a multi-facility environment
- Experience maintaining and utilizing a high degree of understanding of clinical departments’ business processes.
- Experience leading unit and integrated testing of the clinical software to ensure that the design objectives are met, including the development and validation of testing scripts.
- Experience analyzing user needs, requirements, procedures, and problems relevant to assigned information systems and recommends solutions to improve processes and/or patient care.
- Experience designing clinical workflows and providing guidance to Clinical Analysts when designing improved efficiencies, solving complex workflow issues, and incorporating quality initiatives.
- BIG PLUS: NextGen Super User strongly preferred!
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.