We are assisting a local client in their search for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer.
This person will work with end-users to solve a variety of issues while using computer hardware, peripherals, software applications, and mobile devices to do business.
This company is targeting sharp, well-rounded individuals who are both presentable and focused within an IT customer service type environment. Soft skills are equally as important as the right candidate MUST be a good communicator, be a self-starter, and have initiative and a passion for learning.
Interested? Apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Candidate will provide customer support for a Windows XP/Windows 7 environment.
- The individual will handle and resolve end user issues via telephone, remote and on-site support.
- Responsibilities include break/fix, warranty repairs, desktop issues, software issues, new rollouts, and escalation of level 2 and 3 issues.
- Focused on complete customer satisfaction; able to achieve a high percentage of first call resolution while exceeding SLA’s.
- Candidate must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to extract information from end user to resolve computer related hardware/software issues.
- Logs, documents, and closes customer incidents/requests through call tracking software in accordance with established procedures.
- Highly skilled in multi-tasking is a must.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- BA/BS in a related field and/or professional certifications such as Microsoft Certified Desktop
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical support experience in a corporate environment supporting hardware and software for at least 50 users both remotely and on-site.
- Highly proficient in operation of Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office Professional, Microsoft Office 7, remote desktop software (VNC, SMS, or SCCM), iPhone and smartphone software.
- Skilled in problem solving and repair of Intel-based desktops & laptops, local and network printers, scanners, copiers, and other peripherals.
- Experience with smartphone and iPhone hardware support.
- Demonstrates professional communication skills; able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Adapts to change in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.