We are assisting a local client in their search for an experienced WordPress Web Developer.
We are seeking to add a skilled, detail-oriented, and creative Web Developer that understands the WordPress platform to apply custom website designs and implement fully functional websites.
The ability to create attractive user-friendly websites that meet design and functionality specifications is essential in this position. Soft skills are equally as important as the right candidate MUST be a good communicator, be a self-starter, and have initiative and a passion for learning.
Interested? Apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Development of both front and back end including implementation of WordPress themes, custom designed themes and elements, woo-commerce elements, plugins, and customer API integrations.
- Ensuring coding and development adheres to best practices for search engine optimization and ease of use for personnel who will make routine updates throughout the life of the website.
- Recreating designs provided by UI/UX team using coding languages including HTML, CSS, PHP, jQuery, and other development methods.
- Creating web architectures which closely align with the marketing initiatives and a clear sitemap strategy.
- Conducting performance tests and troubleshooting content performance tests.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins and integrating woo-commerce elements into template layouts based on design & strategy team requirements.
- Back-end management including databases, server integration, plugins, and woo-commerce/e-commerce related modules.
- Managing site integration, security updates and all other website related updates.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience creating custom templates, custom designs, and front-end development using WordPress.
- 2+ years of Woo-Commerce / E-commerce experience
- Experience using code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Experience and understanding of website architecture and aesthetics
- Good understanding of databases & implementation, API integrations and PHP experience
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.