ITAC Solutions is assisting a major organization in their search for a Network Engineer! In this role, you will build & implement network security systems across the enterprise. Tasks include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting & optimizing all local and wide area network security appliances & associated software.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of security policies, procedures and associated plans for information security based on industry-standard best practices.
- Assess need for any security configuration (minor or significant) or architectural changes and execute as needed.
- Integrate strategy with security alerts and issues.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of security enhancement and development efforts.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and associated training for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Monitor system capacity to determine its effect on performance and recommend enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
- Install and configure all network security hardware and equipment, including firewalls, VPN appliances, and proxy appliances.
- Configure, maintain and manage Cisco ASA firewall, IPSec/SSL Virtual Private Networks, F5 Local Traffic Manager, and Bluecoat Proxy environments.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 4-year degree in computer science and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN/WAN, ISP technologies, TCP/IP, and 802.11x.
- Hardware, software, and network connection troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Ability to conduct research into security issues and products as required.
- High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities. Intuition and keen instincts to pre-empt attacks.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.