Industry: Software Design and Development
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Contract/Temporary
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
ITAC Solutions is assisting a Birmingham company in their search for a Network Engineer.
This Network Engineer will be responsible for consulting on a variety of projects, assisting clients with choosing the most reliable and secure network solutions for their needs, and performing optimization tasks to ensure maximum network performance.
The Network Engineer will also be responsible for the maintenance planning, service prioritization, day-to-day operations and recommending/implementing change to various standards, methodologies and processes.
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong problem solving and analytical skillset.
- Ability to work independently and on a team, providing solid documentation and customer service.
- Must work well in a project driven environment in order to meet deadlines and customer expectations.
- Technical background with a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in a Network Administration or Engineering role.
- Skill in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis.
- Technical support of VMware technologies, Cisco, Arista, Dell SonicWALL, Vyatta and pfSense network equipment, with various SAN solutions is required.
- Experience with Cisco, Aruba, Dell SonicWALL, Juniper, SolarWinds, HP, or Websense.
- Ability to implement, upgrade, and support to provide Internet, LAN and WAN connectivity solutions.
- Network: troubleshooting and applying the best method to mitigate or escalate a request. May include configuring load balancers, firewall changes, server disconnect, etc.
- Network: Switch provisioning, configuration and troubleshooting. Requires intermediate level knowledge of standard switches in local data center.
- Network: Firewall configuration and troubleshooting. Intermediate knowledge of VPN, needs to be able to review, troubleshoot, and perhaps configure.
- Network: Troubleshooting load balancers. Requires intermediate knowledge of load balancer configuration and command line troubleshooting.
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.