Industry: Not Disclosed
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $115,000.00 per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
As a Lead Java Developer / Sr. Java J2EE Developer, you will find a great opportunity with this position. This is an excellent opportunity to work one of Birmingham's fastest growing, and most well respected companies. With the teams we are currently hiring, we expect much career growth opportunity with this role. You will be in the heart of our customer's team with multiple ways to advance your career. Our client is interested in hiring someone with a salary up to 115K, and will have an initial contract period with pay up to 65/hr.
- Applies specialized knowledge to conceptualize, design, develop unit- test, configure, and implement portions of new or enhanced business and technical Java solutions through application of appropriate standard software development life cycle methodologies and processes.
- Be versatile and willing to work cross-functionally.
- Plan a sprint and self-manage around that plan.
- Understand the product requirements and provide effort estimates.
- Provide technical advice to the product owner so that he or she can understand the complexity of the requirements and make appropriate decisions.
- Respond to circumstances and adjust processes, standards, and tools to optimize performance.
- Interacts with the Client and project as required, to gain an understanding of business environment, technical context, and organizational strategic direction.
- Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned components.
- Understands and uses appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve business or technical problems.
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project parameters.
- Prepares technical and development documentation and diagrams.
- Conforms to security and quality standards.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution
- Designs units for others and completes development to implement complex components.
- Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
- Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews.
- May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ Years of experience with J2EE stack
- 3+ Years hands on experience with Spring
- 3+ years of experience implementing Java Server Faces (JSF version 1.1 and 1.2), Spring Webflow, RichFaces components and Facelets
- 3+ Year hands on experience with EJBs
- 3+ years hands on experience with Hibernate and exposure to Hibernate tools.
- 3+ year experience of using jUnit
- 3+ year experience with Web Services development
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.