Industry: Computer and Office Industry
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
Our client, an innovative technology company, has an opening for a Linux Systems/Network Administrator who is well-rounded in corporate infrastructure technologies. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong Linux administration skills in large virtual and physical environments, along with experience in basic network administration using cutting edge trends and technologies.
The selected candidate will be responsible for IT systems administration and network infrastructure. This includes systems, storage, database, and network administration and support. As a key part of the infrastructure team, they will provide hands-on technical expertise for 3 client locations, local and remote.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in technical field preferred, or 10 years of relevant work exprience
- 6+ years of Linux systems administration and support, both RedHat and Debian
- Strong background in virtual environments on various platforms (Hyper-V, VMWare, or XenServer), along with exposure to cloud management
- Experience in Windows systems administration
- Network implementation and administration
- Storage administration; including backups, protection of data, and capacity calculations
- AD or LDAP administration and support
- Experience in scripting with languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, or PowerShell
- VoIP experience is a plus
- Mastery of time management, detail management, and adaptability depending on circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Capable of critical thinking for problem resolution and data analysis
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.