Industry: Computer and Office Industry
Location: Columbus, GA
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $100,000.00 per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
ITAC Solutions is seeking a Sr. Cisco Network Engineer who is excited about making a mark on a growing company’s Cisco Data Center practice. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for designing Network Architecture, managing major IT initiatives, implementing new technologies, and all levels of troubleshooting and support.
This is a great opportunity for someone with the right mix of technical and business skill to help continue to build and lead a Cisco Practice with a dynamic growing company!
Responsibilities for the Data Center Network Engineer may include:
- Provide engineering support across network and security devices, WAN, LAN, WLAN, Firewalls.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve network problems.
- Design, develop, implement and maintenance of Complex Secure Networks.
- Provide customer support, documentation, coordination and lead migrations/implementation.
- Execution of deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing hardware and/or software features.
- Plans large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Implements identified solutions, makes suggestions for ensuring a cost effective and efficient infrastructure environment. Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of experience in a Network Engineering role.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
- Knowledge of infrastructure technologies related to: IaaS, PaaS, and cloud integrators.
- Experience with Solarwinds, Nagios, or other monitoring tools and understanding of the technologies underpinning them.
- Strong datacenter experience with Cisco Nexus and Cisco Meraki.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus switch series: 9k, 7K, 5K, 2K
- Experience with Cisco switch/router series: 2900, 3500, 3600, 3700, 3800, 3900, 4000, 4500, 4900, 6500, 6800, 7200, 7600, 9000 and other similar Cisco or networking technologies.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge with EIGRP, BGP, VPN, Spanning Tree, Fabric path, VPC, and Multicast.
- Demonstrated knowledge of configuring and managing firewalls.
- Previous experience with load balancers in a large corporate environment is preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with Cisco Wireless technologies such as Wireless LAN Controllers, PAN, and ISE is a plus.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience with the following vendor’s equipment is preferred; Cisco, EMC, VMWare, F5, Palo Alto, and Juniper.
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, etc.) highly preferred.
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.