Industry: Computer and Office Industry
Location: Columbus, GA
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $80,000.00 per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
ITAC Solutions is seeking a IT Security Engineer to provide junior-level support for major components of an information security program for their client in Columbus, GA. This Junior Security Engineer will assist in the technical analysis, design consulting and product review of security components, as well as identifying new tools and techniques.
The Jr. Information Security Engineer will support the Sr. IS Engineers, and will be responsible for evaluating and assessing existing technical issues by researching and identifying innovative solutions to broad and complex information security challenges. Other responsibilities may include:
- Provides support to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments.
- Ensures that security concerns are addressed and mitigated and that are appropriate standards are defined and published. Ensures and assists with the proper deployment and management of solutions that support information security including virus detection, malware detection, intrusion detection and prevention systems, firewalls, and other security solutions.
- Performs security assessments and reviews networking initiatives for security compliance.
- Develops security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Demonstrates operational knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, network protocols, network topology and architecture, Windows and Unix operating systems, system logs events, anti-virus technologies, and application development processes/lifecycles.
- Provides input into the design, implementation, and maintenance of the information security architecture.
- Analyzes, reviews and determines the technical requirements necessary to mitigate the security risk for information technology needs, plans, and initiatives.
- Monitors and communicates technical vulnerabilities; investigates information security violations.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing security policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
- Conducts risk assessments and security briefings, and advises management of critical issues.
- Serves as a resource regarding the security of data networks and centralized data frameworks, to include coordinating activities with the business unit, users and external networks.
- Supports the evaluation, testing and implementation of emerging technologies, information systems security issues.
- Supports the development, implementation and management of approved techniques to continuously validate configurations against established standards involving network, server, and workstation assets.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, and 4 years experience in Information Security.
- Knowledge of various information security concepts and technologies such as intrusion detection, penetration testing, identity and access management, network security, risk assessment, application security, platform security, and security monitoring.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard information security practices and processes.
- Good IS knowledge of firewall systems, IPS systems, proxy systems, load balancers, remote access systems, packet capture procedures and applications, packet capture analysis, vulnerabilities, OWASP, and patching best practices.
- Knowledge of network intrusion techniques, vulnerabilities, exploits, advanced malware, and the corresponding detective and preventative techniques.
- Experience with vulnerability assessment and penetration testing tools.
- Good understanding of governance, compliance and audit regulations related to the financial services industry such as FDIC, OCC, FINRA, SOX, PCI, etc. preferred.
- Desire to obtain Information Security Certifications (CISSP, MCSE, CNE, etc.) in the near future.
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.