Industry: Computer and Office Industry
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $80,000.00 per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
The Software Quality Assurance Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Quality Assurance and Configuration Management, will be hands on as well as manage QA Engineers to support the Agile/Scrum software development through planning, designing, developing and executing various software quality processes within the Scrum methodology.
Key accountabilities of the Quality Assurance Manager include implementation of best practice techniques for test-driven development, value-based exploratory testing, systematically testing data quality aspects of applications across platforms, functional and regression testing. This role requires technical skills, including the ability to create, document and execute test strategies and test plans.
Primary Duties for the QA Manager:
- Managing a Quality Assurance team.
- Design and execute test plans, scenarios and scripts.
- Design, build upon and maintain automation frameworks at both the UI and API level.
- Document software defects, using defect tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Use of Scrum methodology and participation in all phases of the iterative process.
- Monitor defect resolution efforts and track successes.
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content.
- Define test parameters, design tests, interpret test results and analyze test trends.
- Serve as the “quality advocate” for your functional component area.
- Create and maintain quality metrics for all software releases.
Education: Bachelor of Science
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience managing a Software Quality Assurance team
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software
- Must have strong technical skills, such as an ability to understand basic SQL syntax for checking results in a database or editing JSON/XML configuration files
- Experience successfully applying agile/scrum methodology to develop and execute software test plans including continuous integration and test driven development
- Experience with web services / API testing, including the use of tools such as SOAPUI and Junit
- Experience with QA Complete is a Plus
- Experience with UI automated testing using Selenium Web Driver across multiple browsers
- Experience in a Continuous Integration environment using tools such as TFS and Jenkins
- Experience with coding in an object oriented language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and product managers across multiple teams and geographical locations
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in a healthcare software market
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.