Industry: Retail (Trade, Wholesale, Commercial)
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $80,000.00 per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
Fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company located in Birmingham, AL. We are currently assisting our client in their search for an experienced accounting professional to join their corporate accounting team.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for general ledger management, account reconciliation, cash receipts processing, depreciation and accruals, investment accounting, restricted asset releases, A/R collections, and preliminary monthly accounting cycle closing.
- Develop and maintain financial recordkeeping and reporting systems.
- Supervise billing, receivables, payables, cash receipts, cash disbursements, and general ledger functions.
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables that have been outstanding for unusually long periods of time.
- Produce monthly financial statement including balance sheet, profit/loss statements, and accumulative general ledger using a computer-based accounting system.
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis.
- Prepare monthly closing general ledger entries.
- Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items.
- Oversee filing of property taxes, sales and use taxes.
- Oversee filing of tax forms including 1099’s, Business Privilege Tax.
- Oversee, in conjunction with independent tax, prepare for Partnership tax returns.
- Oversee, in conjunction with the independent auditor, preparation of annual audit.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place, i.e. policies, procedures.
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts, and prepares related journal entries.
- Supervise preparation of invoices.
- Supervise Staff Accountant and Administrative Assistant.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
Please email your resume to email@example.com
Education: Bachelor's Degree
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- 7+ years accounting experience minimum
- 3 years in supervisory role
- Proven excellent MS Excel Skills
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.