Department: Administrative Professional/Clerical
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $70,000.00 per year, DOE
Other Compensation: Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or related field.
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
As the Safety Manager, this individual will manage and provide oversight for the safety program for all locations and departments.
- Provides appropriate safety and health training to facilitate safety awareness and accident prevention and ensure compliance with all requirements from Federal, State and local agencies Investigation and documentation of accidents/injuries
- Performs inspections of workplaces to assure safe and healthy conditions for workers
- Promotes safe work environment with employees
- Assists management in developing measures to prevent recurrence of accidents, injuries
- Conducts safety meeting and material
- Records and submits required documentation for accident and injury reporting including internal reporting, OSHA and WC carriers
- Creates and updates safety materials
Education: Bachelor's Degree
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5-7 years industrial/manufacturing occupational EHS experience
- EHS certification preferred
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory requirements and EHS policies, procedures and programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CPR and first aid training/certification required
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.