Industry: Computer and Office Industry
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $60,000.00 per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
Our Birmingham, AL client is looking for an experienced Field Operations Lead to help oversee the field operations of the System Administration Team (SAT), provide technical leadership, and help ensure that end users are receiving efficient and timely support.
The IT Field Operations Lead will be instrumental in developing processes and procedures relating to the operation of the Field Technicians and the Systems Administration Team: identification, prioritization, and resolution of end user help requests, including the monitoring, reporting, and coordination of Service Delivery functions. The Field Operations Lead - SAT will work to ensure that end users are receiving the BEST service they have ever experienced by equipping the Field Techs to be successful. The Field Operations Lead will also be responsible for monitoring team and individual performance via our developed metrics and KPIs.
- Assist the Director of Systems Administration Team and the Service Delivery Managers with the supervision of the Field Technicians (a subset of the Systems Administration Team) including, but not limited to: Setting expectations, training, performance evaluations, career development, hiring, and disciplinary action.
- Analyze performance of the Field Technician activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service, speed of service, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead and participate in various SAT team meetings.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Field Technicians.
- Develop processes and procedures that drive consistency in operation.
- Assist in the facilitation of Escalation Requests.
- Prioritize workload for SAT and individual members as necessary.
- Complete weekly/monthly reporting.
- Effectively and consistently communicate issues and ongoing operations with Management Team and other departments.
- Provide Technical Leadership to junior Field Technicians / System Administrators.
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications
- 2+ years in management / leadership / coaching positions
- 5+ years in technical roles
- Experience in the development and continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Experience developing teams and collaborative environments
- ITIL Foundations Certification
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications
- ITIL, COBIT, or other IT Frameworks
- Industry standard Service Desk certifications / memberships (ex. HDI)
- A+, Network+ Certifications
- MCP, MCITP, MCSA, MCSA Certifications
- Basic networking familiarity
- Networking/switching hardware
- Associates or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with EMR/EHR/Practice Management applications
Some experience in the following is preferred:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Server 2008, Server 2012
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Terminal Servers
- Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.