Industry: Computer and Office Industry
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Direct-Hire
Pay Rate: Up to $50,000.00 per year, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
Our client is looking for multiple Tier 1 Field Technicians to provide onsite and occasional remote technical support and assists with pre-deployment configuration and new site installation for their customers. The role will involve basic desktop and systems administration support.
We are looking for an individual who is eager to learn, highly customer focused, patient, an effective communicator, self-initiating, has a positive attitude, and is able to prioritize and execute tasks without micro-management.
- Create and manage Service Requests, Incidents, and Problems through a ticketing system.
- Help ensure day-to-day operations of IT Infrastructure.
- Answer Inbound Service calls as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and administer Windows based applications, Operating Systems (desktop and server) and Server Roles (AD DS, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Print Server, File Server).
- Perform Virus and Malware remediation.
- Perform Computer and server imaging / build outs.
- Troubleshoot MFP/Scanner/Fax.
- Ensure successful new site installations.
- Configure printers & switches (basic only).
- Complete technical documentation of installed / configured equipment.
- Troubleshoot WiFi/Network Connectivity.
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
- Candidate should have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate should have at least one year of experience in a job supporting Windows Desktops and/or Servers.
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
- A+, Network+ Certifications
- Basic networking familiarity
- Networking/switching hardware
- Experience working in Datacenters
- Associates or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with EMR/EHR/Practice Management applications
Some experience in the following is preferred:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Server 2008, Server 2012
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Terminal Servers
- Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.