Industry: Computer and Office Industry
Location: Birmingham, AL
Job Type: Contract/Temporary
Pay Rate: Up to $15.00 per hour, DOE
In this job, here are some of the duties to be performed:
ITAC Solutions is assisting a client in their search for multiple Help Desk Technicians to work on a contract basis in their Birmingham, AL office. The Help Desk Technician provides phone and remote technical support to local customers in and throughout the Southeast. The role will involve basic desktop and systems administration support.
Previous inbound call phone support experience is highly desired. More importantly, we are looking for an individual who is eager to learn, highly customer focused, patient, an effective communicator, self-initiating, has a positive attitude, and is able to prioritize and execute tasks without micro-management.
- Create and manage Service Requests, Incidents, and Problems through a ticketing system.
- Answer Inbound Service Calls to ensure minimal abandoned calls.
- Administer the Ticketing system:
- - Verify tickets are dispatching according to policy.
- - Verify ownership of tickets.
- - Verify tickets are filled out accurately.
- Troubleshoot and administer Windows based applications, Operating Systems (desktop and server) and Server Roles (AD DS, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Print Server, File Server).
- Perform Virus and Malware remediation.
- Perform Computer build outs.
- Troubleshoot MFP/Scanner/Fax.
- Troubleshoot WiFi/Network Connectivity.
- Any other task or duty as assigned or required.
To be considered for this job, candidates may be required to have the following skills and experience:
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Candidate should have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Candidate should have at least one year of experience in an inbound, customer support role or in a job supporting Windows Desktops and/or Servers.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Inbound Call Experience
- Customer Support Experience
- A+ certified, or willing to achieve
- Net+ certified, or willing to achieve
- Associates or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
Some experience in the following is preferred:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Server 2008, Server 2012
- Active Directory
- Exchange 2010, Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Terminal Servers
- Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop
Company Overview: We’re in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities
in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office.
Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your
experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply below! If this job isn’t for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, please share with a friend.