Employers and managers, have you resolved to improve your workplace in 2019? A new year not only inspires fresh starts, but it also brings new trends and demands. Workplace trends can impact how companies structure, recruit, train and retain their employees.
To stay competitive, it’s imperative that employers and hiring managers are informed of the emerging workplace trends and committed to making necessary improvements to their workplaces as needed. Check out these 5 ways to improve your workplace in 2019:
- Simplify your team’s workflow and communication: Make life easier on your team by improving your processes, workflow and internal communication. The Washington Post recently predicted that the popularity of messaging tools, instead of email, will continue to rise in 2019 along with other workplace tech tools. Just because you’ve “always done things this way,” doesn’t mean it’s the most efficient way. Consider adopting a new workflow software or messaging tool to enhance productivity.
- Establish a work-from-home policy: If you want to attract and retain top talent, consider establishing a work-from-home policy that allows employees to work remotely as needed. According to this SHRM blog, research indicates that 70 percent of people work remotely at least once a week. Plus, offering a remote work policy for flexible working arrangements can improve employee morale.
- Reevaluate your benefits plan: ITAC Birmingham Business Development Manager Jimmy Moore emphasized the importance of having an appealing benefits package for the new generation of talent. Likewise, SHRM recently reported 6 Big Benefits Trends for 2019 ranging from controlling healthcare costs to enhanced paid-parental-leave programs.
- Promote career development: Research shows that 91% of millennials consider rapid career progress a priority. Forbes also reported that learning and development plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining employees. In 2019, focus on establishing more structured programs and initiatives, such as a mentorship program, to support employees in their learning and career development.
- Hire the right people: Having the right people on your team is not only essential to the success of your company, but also to establishing an appealing company culture. At ITAC, we value relationships above all and strive to connect great people with great companies. If you need someone to fill a spot for two weeks, a team of consultants for a critical project or a key hire for a leadership position, the ITAC team is here to help!
As 2019 kicks off, consider these approaches to improving your workplace this year and making ITAC a partner for your short and long-term staffing needs.