Career Resolutions for 2019
New Year, new you? Whether you’re searching for a job, contemplating a career change or hoping for a promotion, a new year gives you an opportunity to reflect and make resolutions for the year ahead. Consider your accomplishments and failures, strengths and weaknesses, skills and what you could work on, and use those to establish goals for 2019.
Still need some inspiration? Here are a few ideas:
- Eliminate bad habits: Are you the employee who is always late? Or the disorganized one? Or maybe the one who overworks? Whatever your bad habits are, identify them and resolve to break them in 2019.
- Improve soft skills: Soft skills are necessary for success in all industries and career types. In fact, many employers are more concerned with what soft skills a candidate brings to the table. Though soft skills are not taught in a classroom or training session, they are vital for advancing your career and engaging with colleagues, clients and customers. Let your soft skills shine in the new year.
- Read (or listen) more: Stay up-to-date on what’s happening in your industry, seek leadership/management guidance or get motivated by tuning in to a new podcast or reading a new book.
- Take chances: Though it’s an easy place to coast, you're likely to miss out on opportunities to get promoted or involved in more exciting things. Get out of your comfort zone and take a few calculated career risks this year.
- Network more: Networking is one of the most important things you can do to enhance your career. Knowing the right people could help you jump on new opportunities that boost not your only paycheck, but also your job satisfaction. Make an effort to meet up with your contacts once every few months for coffee or lunch.
With a little focus and motivation, this could be your most successful year yet! ITAC is excited to serve client companies and candidates in 2019. If you’re looking for a new position or need to fill a position, contact us today!