Jump Start Your Career in Atlanta
Choosing where to start a career as a recent graduate or young professional can be an intimidating and overwhelming decision. After all, the world is your oyster! However, WalletHub recently released a study on the best and worst places to start your career in 2018 that may help narrow down your options.
ITAC is pleased to share that Atlanta was ranked as the 3rd best city to start a career based on 27 key metrics that range from the availability of entry-level jobs to monthly average starting salary to workforce diversity. Atlanta was also ranked 5th in the most entry-level jobs category.
Not convinced? Here are 7 more reasons to jump-start your career in Atlanta:
- Career Growth Opportunities: As the home to more than a dozen Fortune 500 companies, and other large employers like universities and hospitals, Atlanta offers ample opportunities for career growth.
- Cost of Living: Living in Atlanta is extremely affordable for a city of its size.
- Quality of Life: According to Mercer’s 2017 Quality of Life Ranking, Atlanta is one of the best cities in the world for the highest quality of living based on city infrastructure, clean drinking water and other big factors.
- Travel Opportunities: With easy-access to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, you can hop on non-stop flights to almost anywhere.
- Delicious Dining: From upscale to casual, exotic ethnic to Southern comfort food, the dining options are delicious and endless in Atlanta!
- The Neighborhood Scene: Many of the neighborhoods around Atlanta, such as Virginia Highland, Inman Park, Candler Park, or Midtown, are walkable and offer a real sense of community.
- Public Transportation: The Marta helps connect visitors and residents to key places like the airport, downtown sporting and concert arenas, and festivals when parking can be a nightmare.
- Outdoor Opportunities: There’s plenty of greenery and places to enjoy the outdoors in Atlanta. Plus, you can access some great state parks, wonderful hiking trails, and outdoor adventures in the North Georgia Mountains with just a short drive.
All in all, Atlanta has a lot to offer young professionals. If you’re interested in job opportunities in Atlanta, contact ITAC’s Atlanta office today!