6 Resolutions for Career Success in 2018
A new year provides us with the opportunity to start fresh and make positive changes. Though many of us resolve to eat healthier, lose weight or save money, some of us set career goals for the new year. If you’re one of these career-oriented individuals, it’s important for you to not only set goals, but make proactive plans to achieve them.
Here are 6 New Year’s resolutions for career advancement and success. Challenge yourself to achieve one of these in 2018.
- Learn a new skill. It’s always a good idea to learn a new skill. Not only does it beef up your resume, but acquiring new skills can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience and help us feel more empowered and effective in our current positions.
- Earn a promotion or raise. Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best is not going to help you earn a promotion. If this is your goal in the new year, take time to evaluate the effort you’ve put in throughout the year: Have you spent the last year proving to your boss that you are ready, willing and able to take the next step to a higher role with greater responsibility? What kind of feedback does your boss offer? How can you improve? Though you can’t always control the outcome, you can control putting yourself in the best possible position to receive a promotion or raise.
- Quit your job. Are you working at a dead-end job that you should have left long ago? Take the leap this year and move on to bigger and better things. Make finding a more fulfilling, challenging and fitting position a priority. If you need advice to see if this applies to you, see if you nod yes to these statements.
- Land a new job. New year, new job? Whether you’re a new graduate, unemployed or just looking for a new opportunity, check out these 5 resolutions for job seekers if landing a new job in 2018 is your goal.
- Find a work-life balance. Calling all you workaholics! Having a work-life balance is important to your wellbeing. Take a minute to evaluate your priorities and see where your particular balance falls out of whack. Then, determine a plan to correct the imbalance.
- Make a career change. If you’re not completely happy in your current industry or line of work, consider taking the plunge this year. Do your research and take an inventory of your skills, experience, interests and aspirations. Then, figure out which careers/industries you best align with.
The ITAC team is here to help with your career goals for 2018. If you’re seeking experience in a new industry, a new skillset or a completely new job, we’re here to find the right fit for you. Happy New Year!
ITAC Solutions is a recruiting firm headquartered in Birmingham with additional offices in Atlanta, Huntsville, Mobile and Nashville. ITAC specializes in the temporary, contract, and direct placement of accounting, information technology, corporate and administrative professionals.