Birmingham: A Little Bit for Everyone
From earning the No. 2 spot on Market Watch’s 5 Places Emerging as America’s New Tech Hotspots and being named as one of the best large cities to start a business by WalletHub to landing on Thrillist’s, and Travel+Leisure’s radars and more, Birmingham has been all over the news lately. All of this publicity begs the question: What really sets Birmingham apart as a place to work and live? We asked a few of ITAC’s Birmingham team members, and here’s what they had to say:
Their comments can be summarized by these key perks of living and working in the Magic City:
- It’s still growing: In the last 10 years, Birmingham has emerged in all areas. Downtown Birmingham is experiencing a huge revitalization that is attracting new living spaces, entertainment, restaurants and businesses. It’s an exciting time to live in Birmingham!
- A big city with a small-town feel: Unlike larger cities such as Atlanta, Nashville or Austin, you can drive across town in about 30 minutes. Birmingham is that happy medium of not too little and not too much hustle and bustle. Plus, you can enjoy urban living downtown or neighborhood living in one of Birmingham’s many close-knit suburbs.
- Businesses are thriving: Birmingham leaders and residents care about growing the city, bringing new businesses to the city and attracting talent to the city. Not only are existing companies looking to co-locate here, but Birmingham is also emerging as a startup city.
- Technology is booming: With the increasing number of local startups, there is an increasing demand for technology talent in Birmingham. If you’re looking for a job in technology, Birmingham is the place to be. Plus, this demand makes it an exciting time to work in the IT staffing realm!
- It’s affordable: Compared to other cities, Birmingham boasts a low cost of living. In fact, Birmingham recently ranked as the sixth most affordable market for renters, according to Zillow.
- You won’t go hungry or thirsty: New restaurants, craft cocktail bars and local breweries are popping up all over the city. From high-end restaurants, like the award-winning Highlands Bar & Grill, to the diversity of food options at Pizitz Food Hall and the surrounding areas, there’s a taste for everyone to enjoy in Birmingham.
- It’s family friendly: Birmingham’s suburban communities and esteemed public schools make it a great place to raise a family.
Ultimately, Birmingham offers a little bit for everyone. If you’re looking to relocate to Birmingham, ITAC can help you find a job that fits your needs. Contact us today!