A well-known Birmingham organization is in search of QA Testers (Manual and Automated) to join their growing team! You will get to use some of the most cutting-edge testing tools and quickly advance your career. This person will be responsible for test planning, documenting, coordinating and executing activities related to testing for database, systems and user interfaces. If you are enthusiastic about QA and understand how important it can be for an organization, then you would be a great fit for this team!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Work with team leads, business partners, project managers, business analysts and end users to plan, design and execute test scripts and scenarios
- Develop testing that covers areas such as software scenarios, database impacts, regression testing, error/bug testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system and reporting those defects to teams and managers
- Actively participate in design reviews and provide input on requirements, product design, risks, etc.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Four (4) year college degree or equivalent experience
- Analytical skills and attention to detail - technical background a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills relative to testing and technical issues.
- Team player and the capacity to work with multiple project members.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to relay and share information and clarify instructions for delivery of test cases to production support personnel.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
- Knowledge and/or experience of JIRA and ALM is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Agile Methodology particularly, ATDD is a plus
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.