ITAC Solutions is assisting a Birmingham company in their search for an experienced Network Engineer. This Network Engineer will be responsible for managing the technology infrastructure, and supporting local and remote users.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Maintain, manage, and continue to improve all network related infrastructure including; LAN/WAN, Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Wireless Routers, and overall site-to-site backbone infrastructures.
- Perform the design and implementation, and ongoing maintenance of network infrastructure.
- Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application installation and upgrades.
- Keep current all equipment and user licenses
- Set up, configure and support Servers, Exchange and VoIP systems
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 3+ years experience in Network Administration
- Experience in LAN/WAN, routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, load-balancers, and VMWare
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Defining network policies, firewalls and Server Administration (virtualized)
- VoIP (Cisco preferred)
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.