Development Manager - Web
Purpose of Position
The Development Manager will be accountable for leading and directing teams of developers in partnership with IT and business team members in order to complete company objectives.
- Partner with business and IT team members to determine and understand company needs and objectives. Represent development teams professionally and personally to all partners.
- Direct team leads to define and deliver team assignments based on release commitments.
- Instruct, influence, engage and enable developers in order to achieve company, project, and team-related goals.
- Coach/mentor staff in all aspects of development.
- Track and monitor production systems for issue identification and prevention across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Maintain a productive staff via recruiting, training, reviewing job performance, providing growth opportunities and promoting a positive work environment for employees.
- Participate in/lead the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as it relates to software development.
- Use expertise and industry knowledge to influence decisions related to team and technical direction.
- Prepare and execute a budget as it relates to team member headcount, software, tools and training.
- Forecast team member needs and utilization across company priorities in order to staff maintenance and project work.
- Act as a liaison between technical and business teams, focusing on the big picture in regards to meeting business requirements.
- Handle HR-related tasks for team members.
Job Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related area of study. Experienced resume in field.
- Five or more years of experience performing software development, support and maintenance.
- Demonstrated leadership of team members and technical process.
- Ability to articulate and teach Object Oriented concepts and have experience with full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Competent communication skills, including clear and timely communication on business issues and assignments with peers, management and product owners.
- Experience leading effective meetings.
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend insurance-related topics and relate that knowledge to the development process.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.