Our client is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join their team.
This position will report directly the Sr. Naval Architect & requires living within a commutable distance.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Conduct AC & DC load analysis calculations in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Specify and/or source electrical equipment to be installed onboard vessels
- Develop production level electrical schematics, cable routing plans, and cable length estimates
- Prepare as-built drawings for vessels prior to delivery
- Support the development of standard processes, procedures, and designs as it pertains to electrical systems
- Liase with shop floor foreman and personnel to troubelshoot and resolve issues encountered in manufacturing
- Interface with other engineering discipline project leads - structural, mechanical, etc.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Familiarity with Marine AC 1-phase and 3-phase electrical systems
- Familiarity with Marine DC electrical systems
- Familiarity with Classification Society rules (ABYC, ABS, DNV, USCG, IEEE, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the following software: AutoCAD mechanical, Rhino, MS Excel, Searching/Working within Inventory Databases e.g. SAGE, ACCTivate, MS Dynamics GP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Industrial Engineering, or similar degree (preferred but not required with sufficient on the job experience)
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.