ITAC is assisting a local Birmingham organization in their search for a Guidewire Developer. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the technology bridge between the users and company while driving fundamental improvements in company operations and applications. Our client is seeking someone with creative problem-solving and prioritization skills that will help the organization refine and improve the technology supporting the business operations. The right candidate must be a highly motivated, responsive individual that can work independently or with teams and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Assist onsite configuration team in estimations, proof of concepts, definition, designs of robust and efficient configuration solutions.
- Prepare/enhance detailed design documentation (Field Mapping, Data Model definitions, Rules Definition, etc.) as needed to support configuration development.
- Configure/build/develop billing center configuration in accordance to the design documentation.
- Configure/build/develop GW configuration components (Using GOSU, Rules Engine, Data Model, PCF, Wizards, Workflow, Activity and Product Model development, etc.)
- Identify and develop reusable framework, configuration components to be used as is on multiple projects.
- Unit and functional test developed configuration solutions using GUnit, Mockito – automated and manual.
- Prepare build and implementation plans for configuration work stream and report Configuration work stream status.
- Work with external consultants & developers.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 3+ Years of Guidewire experience, GW configuration experience, and 2+ Years of GW billing center configuration experience.
- Experience with full SDLC and appreciation for iterative (Agile) development life-cycle as used in GW implementations.
- Hands on GW implementation proficiency and experience in GW configuration development – expertise configuring and developing several areas of billing center including but not limited to – Account/Policy/Producer Handling, various plan types, etc.
- Robust understanding of Billing Center Data Model.
- Experience in GW configuration development (expertise in GOSU, LOB configuration, Rules Engine, Data Model, PCF, Wizards, workflow and activity).
- Experience with XML, GUnit, Jenkins, GIT/Subversion/TFS, Code Coverage and Code Scan Plugin/Tools.
- Insurance industry and domain knowledge experience highly desired.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.