ITAC Solutions is assisting a company in their search for a DevOps Engineer who is energetic and loves to work on a collaborative team. This person will drive how the company deploys, verifies, and monitors applications and services. This person will interface with all stakeholders to define DevOps processes and shape the development culture. This role also assists in the ongoing improvement of CI/CD environment provisioning and development workflows. You will ensure that they have appropriate levels of monitoring and alerting set up for all applications across a mix of physical servers, private cloud, and public cloud.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Build a strong relationship with the development teams to understand the code, its dependencies, and the infrastructure on which it runs.
- Build and maintain systems that will monitor all aspects of the application and the infrastructure.
- Assist development team with deployment strategy and capacity planning across development, QA, staging and production environments.
- Work with the development team to deploy and manage tools that support SDLC automation, configuration management, and release management.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with source code management tools such as Subversion and Git.
- Proficiency in cross-platform scripting languages and build tools (ANT, Artifactory, Groovy, Maven, MS Build, Nexus, NuGet).
- Experience deploying and administering Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, TFS, TeamCity or Bamboo.
- Strong understanding and experience operating in an agile development environment.
- Sound knowledge of administrative best practices for application servers, database servers and 3rd party appliances.
- Experience with automated testing solutions for unit testing, integration testing and system testing.
- Proficiency in at least 1 object-oriented programming language such as Java or C#.
- Understanding of strategies for providing high availability and security.
- Ability to define scalable CI/CD pipelines.
- Understanding of deployment strategies using Docker for containerization.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.