ITAC Solutions is helping a large client in the financial sector of Birmingham search for an Information Security/Cybersecurity Analyst!!
This person will be responsible for protecting the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee, and business information in compliance with organization policies and standards. Responsibility includes: monitoring, incident response, forensics and investigations, threat intelligence, scanning, penetration testing, technology evaluation, security reviews, security tools/systems administration, reporting and standards/procedures development.
The ideal candidate would need to have relevant experience level with an in-depth track record of success in an Information Security/Cybersecurity field including experience in architecting, designing and/or administering secure IT solutions.
This is a direct hire role.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Support the implementations of cybersecurity tools, and the patch and remediation process for workstations, servers, and infrastructure.
- Assess procedures to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access, modification or destruction.
- Make improvement recommendations
- Recommend and implement the controls and control systems to protect information integrity against accidental modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Provide evidence of the performance of controls.
- Assist in providing support of the enterprise vulnerability management program
- Implement procedures that support the Information Security function.
- Provide a single point of contact for security related topics and problems.
- Support access request processing.
- Execute periodic reviews on the security implementation related to security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Conduct research to keep abreast of latest security issues
- Prioritize remediation of gaps based on internal and external audits
- Periodically evaluate network and system security requirements and recommend and develop the necessary modifications to policies, standards and procedures.
- Support Department Managers and Business Units in the execution of their security responsibilities.
- Monitor and assist in implementation of main office and regulatory agencies’ information security standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs security monitoring and follow-up on incidents. Reports exceptions to senior management when necessary.
- Provides assistance to Department Managers, Operating Support Units and to the Data Owners in the risk assessments of their data and of the systems owned by the lines of business.
- Assist in the development of short and long-term security infrastructure.
- Investigate, evaluate, document and correct actual or potential security exposures when identified and make recommendations for corrective action to senior management and / or Head Office.
- Protect the confidentiality of the organization from unauthorized internal and external threats by conducting periodic reviews of critical applications and systems.
- Evaluate new systems or applications as needed to identify security issues.
- Conduct, with the assistance of external consultant, penetration tests to evaluate internet and intranet security.
- Assist in planning and execution of vulnerability testing for application systems and the network environment
- Prepare security and compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
- Experience supporting SOX & PCI Compliance by reviewing, reporting, and tracking of key controls
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in IT Risk, Cyber Security, and/or InfoSec or similar knowledge of information security regulations.
- Working knowledge of security monitoring and scanning tools
- Experience in working with data loss prevention and other data security systems required
- Strong critical thinking expertise to identify incidents and threats, then perform forensic review and analysis to ensure quick resolution.
- Proficient PC and software application skills, especially Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Good organizational, writing documentation, reporting and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Understanding of corporate security policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to audit, analyze, and assess procedures.
- Knowledge of assorted security tools.
- One or more of the following certifications is a must: Security+, CISSP, CEH, GSEC, CISM, CRIS, and CISA or similar.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Spanish proficiency a plus.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.