ITAC Solutions is assisting a client in Orange Beach, AL in their search for a Network Administrator.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Ensure the proper operation, availability, security and reliability of assigned network services and systems to meet the demands of the business with the ability to setup, troubleshoot, upgrade and maintain systems and underlying hardware infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor assigned network systems and services at all times to ensure minimal business disruption.
- Perform daily system monitoring verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, system resources, key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as configuration backups.
- Monitor, manage and maintain data center and network closet physical infrastructure and security.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Requires an Associate’s degree from a two-year college/university or equivalent disciplined experience.
- Requires at least 2 years of IT related experience, preferably in the Help Desk and/or networking/systems areas.
- Related industry leading certification (e.g. CCNA) or equivalent experience is recommended.
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / abilities / knowledge):
- Network Switching and Routing - Thorough knowledge of how systems communicate and route on a LAN infrastructure, including knowledge of networking protocols and related equipment.
- Security - A general knowledge of firewall and access control technologies and operations, as well as common network and system security best practices.
- Data Center - Knowledge of data center technologies, functions, and infrastructure.
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) - Proven experience maintaining both remote and site VPN topologies.
- Wireless networks - A general knowledge of wireless technologies, protocols and equipment used in enterprise environments.
- Systems Analysis - Able to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Communication - Communicates and interacts with people effectively while being aware of social perceptions.
- Time Management - Manages one’s own time to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task ensuring all aspects are reviewed.
- Troubleshooting - The ability to determine the cause of simple and complex issues in order to provide insight and resolution.
- Instructions - The ability to follow given instructions to accomplish an assigned task in a timely manner.
- Manual labor - The ability to lift and move slightly heavy objects, such as switches and routers.
- Training - The ability and willingness to learn new technologies, skills and techniques and apply them to assigned duties.
- Documentation - The ability to create and maintain proper technical documentation.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.