What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
We are seeking a Senior Hardware Support Technician to work on-site supporting New York City 911 Communications Centers
This position is to provide desktop, server and SAN hardware support. Candidate will be working at the customer site, sometimes directly with the communications center staff.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Prior experience in IT operations, data center and desktop support.
- Understanding of Change Management processes.
- Ability to participate in Incident Management with strong Root Cause Analysis and post mortem follow up.
- Strong experience with enterprise monitoring tools-Solarwinds/SCOM/Whats Up Gold
- Enterprise level technology support, including but not limited to:
- VMWARE 5/x/6.x and virtualization solutions
- HP Blade enclosure and Servers
- EMC VMAX SAN/ESRS/Policy Manager
- HP Virtual Connect Domain Configuration and management
- Brocade SAN Switch configuration
- Ability to swiftly resolve technical issues and facilitate successful remediation of operational challenges in a high pressure environment.
- HP Bios/ Firmware update techniques and experience.
- Understanding of Desktop and Server imaging solutions
- General knowledge of HP Admin/Support Tools.
- Insight Manager
- Onboard Administrator
- HP One View
- Experienced in EMC VMAX SAN Administration and best practices.
- Ability to maintain, upgrade and manage a highly available VMWare environment
- Able to interpret performance data and make recommendations for systems improvement.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Ability to take ownership of and provide detailed planning of small/medium technical projects
- Ability to travel between sites-Brooklyn/Bronx.
- Perform knowledge transfer to team members and PD client on technical solutions
- BA in Computer Science/Technical School or equivalent experience.
- 5 -10 years Windows based operating systems and Intel based systems support
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012/2016 multi-site Active Directory
- MCSE, A+/Server +, or HP HW cert desired.
- ITIL v2 or v3 experience a plus.
Must pass a NYPD background check.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.