We're assisting one of Birmingham's most respected organizations in their search for a Business System Analyst!! Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems. Includes analysis of business and user needs, gathering and documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary. Competent to work in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
The ideal candidate would have 2-3+ years of experience in a corporate environment, a basic knowledge of SQL, and a Bachelor’s degree in business or related field. This is a direct hire opportunity looking for someone who is passionate about technology and continuously strives to provide solutions to customers.
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- Microsoft SQL Server: T-SQL, Queries, Functions, Triggers and Stored Procedures, Jobs, Maintenance Plans, Backup/Restore, SSIS package authoring and maintenance, SSAS database management, Linked Server Object management, SSRS server and portal management, SSRS report authoring.
- Power BI: PBIX desktop model authoring and management, Power BI Report Server management, Power BI Cloud service management.
- Power App and Microsoft Flow experience is a plus.
- Visual Studio for BI Model management and for SSRS report building is a plus.
- Experience with both Relational Database modeling and Data Warehouse Star and Snowflake schema modeling is a plus.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.