ITAC Solutions is helping one of our larger clients in the Birmingham area as they search for a Sr. Data Analyst in the Marketing department!
The ideal candidate will have experience collecting user requirements, data analysis, documenting technical specifications, and understand core data characteristics. You will need a strong understanding of database development methodology as well as experience using enterprise level data analysis and BI applications.
This person must be a master at pulling data for analytical purposes that align activities with the teams from Marketing, Finance, Business Models, Business Intelligence, Legal, Compliance, Engineering and other lines of business on the development and implementation of products, special promotions and marketing programs.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Map data sources while supporting, tracking, analyzing and evaluating marketing campaigns, assessing effectiveness and profitability as it relates to the data of the business.
- Create data processes that add value to the core business as well as Assisting with development of new products and services.
- Research data requests to determine availability, sourcing and fulfillment options
- Identifying patterns and help the business react to changing business conditions
- Identify data anomalies and work with data analysts in other units to develop policies and best practices, while performing root cause analysis on data quality issues.
- Monitor the state of data quality within their scope of responsibility, while working toward established goals for data quality improvement.
- Identify the best approaches for resolving data quality issues and builds business case for new products, service models, and approaches.
- Works with multiple product groups including deposits, consumer loans, investments, payments, real estate, small business and insurance.
- Work independently under the direction of Enterprise Data Management leadership
- Support validation processes that profile data attributes against their intended meaning
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in math, science or business or equivalent certifications / experience required. MBA is preferred.
- 2+ yrs. of experience in the economic, banking or financial services areas preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (specifically SQL Server 2012) and/or Oracle preferred
- Database and SQL experience preferred
- 2 yrs. experience with SAS, SQL, regression modeling preferred
- Experience working on a project team using a waterfall methodology required.
- Agile SDLC methodology preferred
- Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling required
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.