ITAC is assisting a fantastic Birmingham based client in their search for a Data Engineer! We are looking for a data engineer, that will help to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and understanding systems and processes along with tracking down causes of problems. This person also must come with an aptitude for issue diagnosis and resolution.
You will have the freedom to improve upon and develop systems that make issue transparency and resolution easier. If you possess a data driven personality and can flourish in a dynamic environment, this position may be ideal for you.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Familiarity with issues common to data integration and validation, and how to address them
- Ability to use and create all types of database objects
- Reframe objective tasks that can deliver actionable insights, accurate predictions, and effective optimization while handling operational reporting requests and other data questions
- Manage the loading, transfer, and validation of large data drops
- Explain how models and systems work to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build data-based products and help integrate into the products and improve operational efficiency.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for creating better data models.
- Ability to work with multiple data models and databases, and to query them using SQL or another language to solve problems
- Verifiable experience in writing an application or service in one or more languages
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree or equivalent, relevant experience and skills required
- 3-5 years of experience hands-on technical Data Scientist in technology sector.
- Expertise in modern statistics/data engineering, SQL concepts and data models.
- Fluency in SQL querying, data models and knowledge of programming languages are a must.
- Ability to gauge the complexity of machine learning problems and a willingness to execute simple approaches for quick effective solutions as appropriate
- Experience with Bash scripting in a Linux environment a big plus!
- Experience with Cloud-based platforms and solutions like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence or other defect tracking solutions
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.