ITAC is assisting an established Birmingham client with their search for a Business Intelligence Architect.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- The BI Architect is responsible for application design, development and implementation of strategic architecture of data warehouses at an enterprise level.
- This will include an understanding of BI methodologies, designs, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards.
- This person will be involved in strategic planning activities and research emerging technology, tools, and ETL standards for use in existing or new data marts.
- They will work with various business units to recommend and develop system solutions to business problems and translate business requirements into technical specifications and applications.
- They will assist in the design, clarification of requirements, and development of data warehouse and ETL solutions.
- This person must have proven experience in designing and developing complex ETL packages using Informatica.
- Must have experience designing robust DevOps processes, Continuous Delivery – build, test, deploy, in an automated manner in an enterprise environment.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field such as MIS or engineering
- Minimum 7 years’ experience developing in SQL on an Oracle platform
- Experience with Oracle, Control M, WinSCP, UNIX Scripting.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration Experience with automation/configuration management
- Strong Experience in maintaining a large data warehouse in an enterprise environment
- Experience with large highly variable data, systems, and ETL data integration platforms
- Proficient in data analysis, data modeling, data profiling, ETL concepts, and relational concepts.
- Experience in design, development, and implementation of complex ETL solutions
- Experience with non-relational or NoSQL database management systems
- Experience with Java or another object-oriented programming language a plus, but not required
- Experience developing reports in BusinessObjects a plus, but not required
- Experience developing visually rich dashboards using Tableau a plus, but not required
- Working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby, Unix Scripting)
- Strong experience with Oracle Database Administration, including utilization for reporting and database structures with Oracle and tuning complex SQL queries
- Requirements gathering and Data mapping experience.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.