ITAC Solutions is targeting a Software Quality Assurance for a great company in the Birmingham, AL area! This person will develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality. If this sounds like what you are looking for, apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provide high-level input as to the direction of automated testing and develops prioritized action test plans for applications.
- Makes appropriate recommendations for solution architecture
- Define, develop, execute, and document automated test scripts and cases utilizing a full range of tools and processes, automation frameworks, software development languages and database tools
- Log defects discovered into defect repository, and report test findings to IT Project Managers and/or Application Developers for corrective action.
- Work with Application Developers to understand system logic, and identify reasons for script failure
- Ability to work with Application Development teams to assign Document Object Model (DOM) elements with identifiable attributes
- Consult with Application Development staff on execution of automated scripts to help perform unit testing
- Keep abreast of emerging technology and trends in automated test development and provide recommendations to management.
- Develop, execute, and report automated test suites
- Contribute to each phase of SDLC primarily through regression and unit testing
- Perform application system performance monitoring of both Test and Production platforms/environments
- Follow Quality Management process as described in company IT Policy and Procedure Statements (MPPS), to ensure all module and system testing meets requirements
- Provide daily and release-based reports that detail the results of test execution, defects found, and issues encountered with scripts
- Support the bi-weekly software development release cycle, ensuring proper testing is completed on new releases in a timely and accurate manner
- Responsible for keeping stakeholders and IT management informed of testing status and defects discovered
- Ensure applications are functional, reliable, and responsive through automated testing
- Ensure that application business rules, associated logic, and application development security best practices (per OWASP top 10) are adhered to within systems, as part of the QA testing process
- Adhere to Quality Assurance principals, standards, and industry best practices
- May coach and mentor more junior staff and contract employees
- Make recommendations as to improvements of the QA process
- Frequent interaction and communication with QA Manager for testing status updates, progress reporting, and overall coordination of testing activities
- Assists Application Development in the use of automation tools for unit testing
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Minimum of 4+ years as a QA professional
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in software development, system design, and automated system testing
- Proficiency with Java, Selenium, and SQL. Experience with other automated testing tools is desirable
- Experience with structured application development and change control methodologies
- Experience with relational database methodology as well as methods for accessing and validating of data via SQL
- Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment
- BS degree is preferred
- Software Quality (CASQ or CSQA) and/or Software Testing (CAST or CSTE) Certifications a plus
- Selenium experience is a plus.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.