ITAC is helping a great organization in Birmingham, AL as they search for a Senior Business Systems Analyst who is accountable for proactively leading and supporting enterprise architecture and to analyze, validate, specify, verify and document the needs of the project stakeholders.
This individual will also facilitate requirements gathering and technical documentation to accomplish operational needs. The Business Systems Analyst is also responsible for seeing that the agreed-upon initiative tasks are performed timely per the documented project plan.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
Defining the effort and benefits:
- Assist with the business case and scope.
- Define the business objectives and value.
- Define the success measurements.
Analyzing process and requirements:
- Analyze the process workflow and opportunities for improvement.
- Translate recommendations into specific requirements, both technical and functional.
- Model the current process as needed.
Documenting requirements for development:
- Organize and prioritize the requirements into actionable deliverables.
- Document the requirements.
- Communicate the requirements with the stakeholders and development team.
- Assist with solution design.
- Model the resulting future process.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills; competent to work in all system analysis phases and to consider most complex business implications of applying technology to the current and future business environment
- Demonstrates a most complex working knowledge of systems and software development concepts, practices and procedures
- Ability to work effectively under very tight deadline pressure
- Proficiency in pertinent tools and software necessary for the position
- Ability to plan, schedule and execute multiple concurrent activities
- Clear use of the English language in written and oral communications and the ability to interpret and communicate technical information to non-technical personnel and vice versa
- Most complex presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to lead meetings professionally and effectively
- Ability to act with diplomacy in resolving conflict, consulting and in acting as an agent in charge
- Must be self- motivated, able to work independently and willing to self-teach and take responsibility for ongoing professional development
- Self-motivated with the ability to make solid technical decisions with minimal managerial direction Note: Not changing verbiage, but this is basically the same as “Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations”
- Ability and willingness to mentor Solutions Architects
- 10+ years of related work and/or technical experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in Management Information Services, Computer Science or Math related field (working experience may substitute)
- industry-related certs or discipline-related organizations are a plus and may substitute for some work/technical experience.
- TOGAF certification is preferred.
- Has strong understanding of own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- System consolidation or Acquisition experience preferred
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.