ITAC Solutions is helping an innovative enterprise in the Birmingham area as they search for a Data Governance Manager to lead and enhance their data quality and governance operations, while championing the protection of the data in line with regulatory and legal requirements.
This person will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders, defining and implementing strategies and processes that will govern data throughout the data lifecycle; as well as, own the development and oversight of the tactical day-to-day data management processes.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Develop and execute a data quality/governance program to include but not limited to:
- Policy and standards associated with business unit data assets
- Alignment and standardization of data stewardship roles and responsibilities
- Development and coordination of technology strategy to enable preventative and detective Data Governance controls
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards and adoptions requirements across the enterprise
- Engages with business leadership to quantify and articulate the business impact of data quality issues
- Develop processes to Promote and facilitate ongoing engagement and collaboration with data owners, data stewards, data consumers, and data domain owners within the data governance infrastructure
- Responsible for the master data management function
- Oversee development of Enterprise MDM domains
- Identification and coordination of enterprise data stewards
- Development of MDM rules (I.e. matching, survivorship) and workflow processes
- Develop processes to monitor MDM quality and accuracy
- Document usage of MDM throughout the enterprise
- Responsible for governance of information
- Inventory and understand internal and external data.
- Monitor data governance processes
- Develop and maintain data dictionaries and common metric definitions.
- Drive the capture of business definitions, taxonomies and linkage to technical lineage within the metadata tool
- Leadership role on project/business activities including but not limited to Internal Audit, Independent Audit, and various Risk Assessments - ensure controls and processes are documented, implemented, and monitored.
- Coordinate and execute information data governance improvements across enterprise.
- Manage and Lead a team of MDM and Data Analysts in implementing foundational processes and tools to support Information Governance Program for the organization.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 5+ years of primary experience in defining, documenting and implementing Data Quality/Governance best practices, policies & procedures, preferably with consumer data in a large organization
- Prefer experience in MDM, Data Governance, Information Governance, and Data Architecture
- Knowledge of data governance, data quality and master data management concepts; familiar with data quality reporting methodologies and capabilities.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audience. Strong communicator and presenter.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.