ITAC is assisting a growing, local Birmingham based client in their search for a Junior Data Scientist!
We are looking for junior and mid-level data scientists that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
If you possess a data driven personality and can flourish in a dynamic environment, this position may be ideal for you.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods while enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Re-frame objectives as machine learning tasks that can deliver actionable insights, accurate predictions, and effective optimization.
- Experience applying quantitative methods to extract value from complex data-sets
- Explain how models and systems work to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build data-based products and help integrate into the products and operational processes.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for creating better data models.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree or equivalent, relevant experience and skills required
- 1-3 years of experience hands-on technical Data Scientist in technology sector.
- Python experience and Data Modeling in a professional environment is a MUST!
- Demonstrated ability to present data science results and recommendations to business and technical clients.
- Demonstrated delivery of machine learning techniques in real-time applications.
- Expertise in modern statistics/data science/machine learning.
- Experience with reporting is required; experience analyzing big data is a plus
- Expertise in a statistical programming language (Python, R) and data access tools (SQL, Advanced Excel).
- Ability to gauge the complexity of machine learning problems and a willingness to execute simple approaches for quick effective solutions as appropriate.
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills / experience / knowledge):
- Machine Learning and AI Experience
- Robust digital portfolio of advanced data science projects
- Deep Learning specialization (NLP, Computer Vision, Sequence-to-Sequence, Deep Reinforcement Learning)
- Expertise in data science DevOps (Code Testing, Git Version Control, etc.)
- Active in data science community showcasing thought-leadership on digital and offline (meetup) forums
- Published Blogs, Tutorials, or Research Papers
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.