We are currently assisting our client in their search for a Staff Accountant to add to their team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Become familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client.
- Understand the rules, regulations, and Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA.
- Progress professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam as soon as possible.
- Perform other accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting duties as needed in engagements an as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- May be required to perform all phases of an engagement, including report writing and tax return preparation.
- May train other staff accountants.
- Contribute to client service team by producing quality work, quick turnaround, and attentive service.
- Assist with recruiting new staff by maintaining university contacts and participating in on-campus and office visits.
- Perform services within budgeted time by developing technical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Develop sound working relationships with administrative personnel, peers, and supervisors to foster teamwork.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 3-7 years of experience; (This position is heavy tax (partnerships, corporations, estate, personal).
- Dedicated individual that values integrity, quality, and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or master’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting / tax software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.