ITAC has partnered with a local client in their search for a Software Development Manager who will be responsible for the business needs as well as technology standards, as it relates to software development and new technology decisions. The ideal candidate should come with a background of managing multiple software development teams, experience as a developer themselves, and an understanding of their impact on the organization.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Work closely other department managers and directors to develop cross-functional software applications.
- Create project plans, monitor daily work efforts, and perform quality reviews.
- Manage budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business process re-engineering, and database system strategy.
- Responsible for developing project governance documents that effectively explain the business objective, scope, approach and timeline.
- Manages problem tracking systems to ensure proper resolutions are handled.
- Responsible for utilizing SDLC lifecycle so that software releases are as successful as possible, and errors and downtime are minimized.
- Maintain effective relationships with business and corporate partners.
- Explores new technologies for future planning and potential implementations.
- Responsible for hiring, retention, input into compensation decisions, and effectively managing staff performance.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 7+ years of development experience with experience leading development teams.
- Experience with change management techniques and project management tools.
- Experience with quality assurance processes.
- Detail oriented and able to plan, prioritize, and communicate.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence others.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.