ITAC Solutions is helping a local Birmingham client in their search for an Automated QA Engineer!!
This person will largely be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of automated test processes, automation strategies and overall best QA practices. This opportunity will allow you to make an immediate impact with one of the most sought-after companies in Birmingham.
If you are an enthusiastic Automated QA professional, that is looking for a new challenge, apply today and let’s talk about how you’d be a great fit for this team!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Provide high-level input as to the direction of automated testing and develops prioritized action test plans for applications.
- Define, develop, execute, and document automated test scripts and cases utilizing a full range of tools and processes, automation frameworks, software development languages and database tools
- Analyze and plan moderate to complex test mechanisms within the automation framework to meet automation deliverables and goals
- Keep abreast of emerging technology and trends in automated test development and provide recommendations to management.
- Contribute to each phase of SDLC primarily through regression and unit testing
- Work with Application Developers to understand system logic, and identify reasons for script failure, while ensuring applications are functional, reliable, and responsive through automated testing
- Adhere to Quality Assurance principals, standards, and industry best practices
- Coordinate with multiple project members while identifying, logging, and tracking defects found during test execution.
- Must be able to identify issues quickly that require resolution during the testing phase and communicate improvement suggestions
- Frequent interaction and communication with QA Manager for testing status updates, progress reporting, and overall coordination of testing activities
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS or demonstrated knowledge via work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience with Automated Tools like Selenium, Jasmine, Appium, Cucumber, Gherkin, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Jasmine, Jenkins
- Experience with Allure Framework
- Experience with using source repositories, Bitbucket or Git (pushing, merging, pulling code)
- Experience of JIRA, ALM test management tools, and agile methodologies particularly, ATDD a plus.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills as well as solid analytical and problem-solving skills
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.