ITAC is helping a great organization in Birmingham, AL as they search for an IT Support Tech. This person will be responsible for providing technical support on a wide variety of end-user technologies. This person must be able to perform in a professional environment and be a team player.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Respond to help desk call tickets including logging, follow-up, and closure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer’s problems, issues, and requests.
- Perform documented break/fix repairs on PCs, printers, servers, mobile devices, hand-held devices, and software applications.
- Handle complex software integration and application support, installation, and upgrades.
- Work with vendors and service providers.
- Participate and contribute to various IT department projects and initiatives.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science preferred.
- 2+ years in a computer end-user support role preferably in a professional services office environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Windows OS and Mac.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and PC hardware and peripherals.
- Intermediate knowledge of networks and client/server technology.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies and skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.