A dynamic healthcare client of ours is seeking a Compliance Coordinator to assist with accreditation, quality, and other clinical regulations and requirement projects. This is a contract role slated for a minimum of 6-months, and slated for $23-26/hr. depending on experience.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Seeks, maintains, and shares working knowledge of applicable healthcare quality and clinical practices, certifications, accreditations, industry regulations and guidelines (e.g., evidence-based medicine, regulatory requirements for healthcare utilization management and claims processing, peer review laws, professional scope of practice requirements, and/or applicable agency rules).
- Stays up-to-date on healthcare quality & clinical practices to inform and assure implementation and follow up with responsible work areas on execution of performance metrics and accreditation requirements for Credentialing Verification Organization, Health Plan, Utilization Management, and other applicable accreditation or certification standards.
- Understands health plan products, functions, and policies & procedures, and their relationship with Company’s accreditations and certifications (e.g., health plans receiving credit for accreditation components delegated to Company).
- Evaluates the organization’s policies, procedures, and work instructions to meet business and Accreditation needs.
- Responsible for URAC and NCQA compliance, including preparatory and actual audits.
- Responsible for the management and oversight of the provider credentialing and re-credentialing team and processes, to ensure NCQA compliance.
- Reviews and investigates privacy complaints, concerns or incidents received within the enterprise.
- Assists with advising, training, and managing HIPAA, HITECH, and other privacy matters or inquiries received within the enterprise.
- Prepares effective communications concerning the compliance function/program and the workforce.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-4+ years of experience in the field of health care accreditation, quality management, or compliance
- Highly effective and active communicator. Initiates personal contacts with others. Perceived by others as both approachable and accessible, with a strong work ethic.
- Strong business acumen, intelligence and capacity; thinks strategically and implements tactically. Able to drive toward achievement and effectively execute a business plan.
- Team player, with self-confidence, honesty, and a high degree of integrity
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills; information and detail-oriented.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.