One of our largest clients in Birmingham is looking for a senior level Lead QA Engineer to manage the testing of their software products and drive performance.
Looking for an experienced QA Testing Leader with strong programming, automation, and leadership skills to build out a team. You will be responsible for testing the design and configuration of client specific environments. You will be responsible for pulling together QA resources and leading those initiatives towards a finished software product.
The Quality Assurance Lead will also create, document, implement and maintain test scripts for complex data configurations and reports. The candidate should be self-directed, team-oriented and should have excellent communication skills.
Interested? Apply Now and Let's Talk!!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Collaborate with application managers to establish test standards, practices & toolsets across all levels of testing including Unit, Component, System, and Acceptance.
- Partner with DevOps engineers to fully automate testing throughout the release & delivery processes in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Evaluate, recommend, and select market-leading frameworks and tools across all levels of testing that integrate in the automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Partner with DevOps and application managers to define pass-fail testing thresholds within the automated release gates that ensure quality is met before code moves through pipeline.
- Lead the team of Test Engineers to execute test strategy, while defining appropriate levels of code and test coverage across the platform.
- Ensure QA deliverables are met across sprint teams within domain for each release.
- Participate in product design reviews ensuring quality practices are baked into the software development and deployment life cycle.
- Work with internal teams to document test environment and test data management container strategies and provisioning for the different types of testing activities.
- Comprehend and decompose user stories/requirements to identify what tests need to be created and automated across the all levels of testing.
- Work across teams to understand enterprise quality requirements and ensure adoption of core processes and standards.
- Develop automation test cases to test repeatable processes.
- Create a culture that motivates teams to ensure zero defects leak into production.
- Be an advocate that mentors and guides others across the organization on best testing practices, techniques, and strategies.
- Prepare, communicate, and deliver technical presentations related to the test strategy that is tailored to the audience.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Master degree or Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field
- Ability to define test strategies, test plans, comprehensive test cases to satisfy functionality & integration requirements.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in testing enterprise business application with Automated Tools like Selenium, Jasmine, Appium, Cucumber, Gherkin, etc.
- Programming experience in scripting language such as Shell Scripting, Python.
- Hands on experience in GUI automation (such as Selenium Web-driver) and API automation (such as SOAP/REST) using Ruby/Jmeter.
- Experience with Docker, Jasmine, Jenkins
- Extensive experience in JIRA, ALM & Test Management creation/execution software needed.
- Experience with using source repositories, Bitbucket or Git (pushing, merging, pulling code)
- Understanding of QA methodologies - both Agile & Waterfall, and the software development/testing lifecycle is needed. ATDD a big plus!
- Strong written/verbal communication skills as well as solid analytical and problem-solving skills
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.