We are currently assisting our client in the Gadsden area on their search for a Plant Accountant to add to their team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- General day to day full cycle general accounting functions
- Responsible for the general ledger, job cost, bank reconciliations and accounts payable.
- Perform monthly closings, maintenance of accounting files, and preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, and financial analyses, etc.
- Handle and process all aspects of construction payables, including coding, processing contract award work sheets and maintenance of the job cost chart of accounts
- Perform monthly close and related journal entries
- Prepare and analyze reports and monthly financials
- Monitor fixed asset activity in detail. Generate month-end depreciation and amortization entries
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in the field of accounting or other related field with equivalent work experience required
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions.
- Job cost and construction experience is required
- Working knowledge of Great Plains software is preferred
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Salary: $50K- $60K DOE
Hours: 8-5 or 730-430
Business casual environment
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.