ITAC is assisting our local client in their search for a Software Development Manager to lead all efforts in system design, integration and standardization for the organization.
This person will be responsible for the business needs as well as technology standards, as it relates to software development and new technologies decisions. The ideal candidate should come with a background managing multiple software development teams, experience as a developer themselves and an understanding of their impact on the organization.
If you are looking to advance your career in a highly visible role, apply now to learn more!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Work closely other department managers and directors to ensure timely project deadlines and develop cross-functional software applications.
- Create project plans, monitor daily work efforts, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
- Manages budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business process re-engineering and database system strategy.
- Responsible for developing project governance documents that effectively explain the business objective, scope, approach and timeline.
- Manages problem tracking systems to ensure proper resolutions are handled.
- Responsible for utilizing SDLC lifecycle so that software releases are as successful as possible, and errors and downtime are minimized.
- Maintain effective relationships with business and corporate partners.
- Explores new technologies for future planning and potential implementations.
- Responsible for hiring, retention, and input into compensation decisions and effectively managing staff performance.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- At least, 5+ years of experience as a software developer with 3+ years managing software development teams
- Superior understanding of object-oriented principles
- Advanced knowledge of database programming concepts.
- Development experience with C#, Angular, ASP.Net MVC, SQL Server, TFS, Entity Framework
- WebAPI and ETL
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Experience with change management techniques and project management tools
- Knowledge of OO Design, Design Patterns and TDD
- Experience with the SDLC quality assurance processes
- Detail oriented, and able to plan, prioritize, and communicate
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence others
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.