Construction Estimator needed for a commercial construction company in the Baldwin County area.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Qualifying commercial projects
- Reading blueprints
- Processing and quantifying Takeoffs
- Estimating commercial projects
- Providing accurate, conceptual budgets
- Attending presentation meetings and communicating effectively with customers
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- 5 years’ experience in commercial construction
- Ability to read blueprints, specification, etc.
- Knowledge of construction methods
- Ability to accurately do take-offs, verify quantities, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Office Suite programs, especially Excel
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at a time
- Ability to meet sensitive timelines
What could set you apart from the rest (preferred skills/experience/knowledge):
- Experience bidding retail, restaurant, medical and office projects
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to deal with unforeseen challenges and variety of personality types
- High level of customer service
- Experience soliciting bids, qualifying quotes, preparing competitive and successful proposals
- Ability to produce an accurate scope of work from drawings, walk-throughs, conversations with owners, etc.
About ITAC: We're in the business of connecting professionals with employment/career opportunities in fields such as accounting and finance, technology, engineering, office administration, marketing, sales and just about any other position from the front desk to the corner office. Whether your need is for temporary or contract employment or for full-time employment, our goal is to help you make the right connection. Think this posting is a perfect match for your experience, skills, and qualifications? Apply above! If this job isn't for you but sounds like a great opportunity for someone you know, use the red arrow to the left of this posting and share with a friend.